The Informatics & Technology (IT) Services is Cochrane's unified technology group, combining web services with software and technology leadership. The IT Services is directly responsible for all technical and software solutions employed by Cochrane, which includes the following:
- Review production systems - RevMan, Archie, Cochrane Account, the Cochrane Register of Studies (CRS), and integration with translation systems, the Membership system, and partner tools such as Covidence
- Development and support of Cochrane websites - including the Colloquium management software - and their integration with other systems like Cochrane Account, Membership, Interactive Learning modules
- Knowledge management services and initiatives, such as Linked Data
- Management of IT provision for Cochrane’s Central Executive
The team comprises staff members based in three hub offices and remote workers. These include the following teams:
- Freiburg, Germany: Head of Department; Web Team
- Copenhagen, Denmark: Review Production Team; Systems Administration
- London, UK: Systems Administration
The department has additional staff based in Canada and Italy.
IT Services supports the development of tools designed to make the complex processes involved in producing Cochrane Reviews simpler, faster, and more efficient. This is a critical enabler for Cochrane’s strategic initiatives to produce high-quality, relevant, and up-to-date reviews using the best available methods. Find out more about IT Services's various projects.