Who are we? What’s special about us? How do we show that we are different?
Everyone who’s part of Cochrane will have similar answers for these questions. However, by agreeing on one shared version, we become a more recognizable, more united, and a more effective collaboration. This is what our brand does for us. It’s more than just a logo: it distills everything that’s great about Cochrane into one clear, strong identity.
Our visual identity is more than just a logo. It is a toolkit of parts designed to work in combination with each other. Together they provide Cochrane with a distinctive look and feel that can be applied across all media and communications materials.
Cochrane Groups each have their own logo and templates that help make up the Cochrane Community and brand.
Cochrane's brand re-structure is a Strategy to 2020 initiative.
If you need copies of your Group's logo re-sent or you are not sure what your Group's brand colour is, please email Sabrina Khamissa at email@example.com
The Brand Guidelines are a toolkit to help all Cochrane Groups implement our new, coherent, visual and written identity. Its purpose is to give you the most up-to-date and relevant information in order to brand your Group, whether you are an existing Cochrane Group or a newly registered entity.
The contents provide an overview of Cochrane’s story: who we are, what we do, and how we describe ourselves to a wider world - as well as make it easier for those new to Cochrane to understand what we are trying to achieve.
In addition, we are providing a section on language, organizational information, and standard policies and procedures as outlined in Cochrane’s organizational policies. This will support your Group’s external communications style.
It is not designed to be a style guide for Cochrane Reviews. We have our established Cochrane Style Manual.
Updated: November 2018
- Start here: 'How To' guides for templates and orientation to templates video.
- Community Cyan Templates
- Community Green Templates
- Community Magenta Templates
- Community Orange Templates
- Community Red Templates
- Community Teal Templates
- Community Social Media Banners Examples
- Video: how to create Cochrane business cards
- Video: how to create Cochrane posters
- Video: how to import the Mailchimp template
- Video: how to edit the Cochrane Power Point template
- Video Playlist: Cochrane Template How To
- Webinar: Using Blogshots for knowledge translation
New templates for 2019
We offer the the branded traditional academic conference templates (and video on how to edit these). New in 2019, we are also providing branded #betterposter templates. These new templates offer posters with less text and a decluttered design with the main finding in plain English as the highlighted feature. they are offered in the zipped Community template packages above and if you just need the poster template, you can download by the link below:
- Cyan #betterposter template
- Green #betterposter template
- Magenta #betterposter template
- Orange #betterposter template
- Red #betterposter template
- Teal #betterposter template
- Download Source Sans Pro from here: "Source Sans Pro"
- Use Source Sans Pro for all documents if possible.
- Standard text should be written in Source Sans Pro at 11 point in size.
- Get instructions on how to set a default font for all new documents in Microsoft Word. [PDF]
- If sharing the docs with external people make sure to send the doc as a PDF or image file (when possible).
- If you are sharing docs between other Cochrane colleagues and groups you will not need to save as PDFs as the should have Source Sans Pro on their computer.
- If you can’t share the doc as a PDF or are using websites to produce content, then use Arial.
- Source Han Sans (for some languages not covered by Source Sans Pro), Arial or Arial Unicode MS is the secondary font if Source Sans Pro cannot be used.
- Video: downloading Cochrane font.
Below are examples of printed flyers, banners, and posters using the Cochrane branding. You are welcome to print and share these or just use them as examples of how you can use the Brand Guidelines.
- Funding brochure
- Croatian podcast flyer
- Nutrition Field brochure
- Cochrane Kompakt poster and flyer
- Gynaecology and Fertility pull-up banner
- EPOC pull-up banner
- Cochrane Library migrant health brochure
- Cochrane Response flyer
- Targeted Updates brochure
- Korean translations team flyer
- Translations flyer
- TaskExchange poster
- Crowd poster
- New Groups: If you are a new Cochrane Group looking to set-up social media accounts, please contact Sabrina Khamissa before you do so.
- Banners: You may request to get branded social media and newsletter banners for your Group. Please provide your Group's name and suggestions for possible pictures (by including URLS to the pictures on istock.com or attaching your own) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Banners can be made for: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+ and MailChimp. You can view some Community Social Media Banners Examples here.
- Resources: Cochrane UK has collected a number of useful resources here.
- Banners: Celebrating a birthday or an anniversary for your Group? We can create a banner for your social media and MailChimp accounts. Banners can be made for: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+ and MailChimp. Please fill in the brand specification brief and email it to Sabrina Khamissa at email@example.com to discuss your branding needs.
- Pictures: we have a special selection of anniversary pictures here. You are welcome to use them on your website, newsletter, or social media posts.
- If you would like other branding or events support regarding your Groups anniversary, please email Sabrina Khamissa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos and Images
- Choosing Images for Sharing Evidence: A Guide – This guide is for anyone who needs to choose images for a dissemination product based on any Cochrane Review. Download the guide here, and learn how it was created here.
- For stock and Cochrane Community images: you can use any pictures found in the photo Dropbox folder for your Cochrane websites, newsletters, reports, printed materials, and social media posts. Pictures in this folder are updated weekly, so we recommend that you bookmark this Dropbox folder. Pictures are sorted into sub-folders and can also be searched for by keyword. To access this photo folder, please email email@example.com
- Still looking? We have a limited budget to purchase stock photos as support to groups each month. If you cannot find a photo that works for you, please let us know (e.g. topic specific, location specific). You may pick stock images from www.istock.com Send the name of image, URL link, and your group name to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will download the photo at no cost your group.
Cochrane infographics and blogshots
- There are a number of ways that you can share Cochrane evidence visually, including Blogshots, Infographics and Videos. For more information on each one, visit Cochrane’s Training site:
Other Branding Needs
If you have brand requirements such as web banners or logos, or perhaps you need a document branded, please fill in the brand specification brief and email it to Sabrina Khamissa at email@example.com to discuss your branding needs.