Website How to
- Group Website Guidelines and Admin Manual for webmasters*:
- Guidelines: The part of the manual provides webmasters a checklist of items and instructions on how to maintain and get their group's website up to Cochrane standards. It is very important that each site is well maintained so that visitors find current and accurate information that reflects the hard work that is put into producing Cochrane Reviews.
- Admin Manual: This part of the manual explains webmasters how to use the admin interface to perform all usual operations required when managing a website.
* Note: this version of the admin manual reflects the latest changes that came in place after the update of the Drupal platform to its latest version (Drupal 9). The previous version for Drupal 7 is available here.
- Cochrane Brand Colors accessibility assesment
- 5 tips for a low-maintenance Cochrane group website
- Join Cochrane/Get Involved: We recommend that this section of your website (whether in the top menu bar or elsewhere) should direct to Cochrane's main 'Join Cochrane' section, opening in a new tab (Example here and instructions here). This allows people to be funneled down consistent pathways to ways they can contribute effectively (whatever their level of experience) and create a Cochrane account to enable their work to be recorded and recognized. If you would like to provide Cochrane Group-specific information before providing the main 'Join Cochrane' link, you may do so (Example here).
- Top tips: read this Cochrane community blog post about 5 tips for creating a low-maintenance and polished website.
- Technical Questions: You can send your technical questions and help requests to email@example.com
Updating Group Contact info
Check Cochrane.org’s list of groups to see if your group’s contact information is up to date and your website URL is listed. If changes are needed, follow the instructions below:
- Log into Archie.
- Click on the ‘Resources’ tab.
- Find your 'Group type' and Group name in the folder list.
- Right-click on the folder for your Group.
- Select the ‘Properties’ option in the pop-up menu.
- When the ‘Properties’ window opens add the necessary information. You will need to click the ‘Edit’ button to change the address or contact numbers.
- When you have finished making changes, click the ‘Apply’ button and then the ‘Close’ button.
- Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for all changes made to show up on other websites, such as cochrane.org, which are fed from Archie.
- Choosing Images for Sharing Evidence: A Guide – This guide is for anyone who needs to choose images for a dissemination product based on any Cochrane Review. Download the guide here, and learn how it was created here.
- For stock and Cochrane Community images: you can use any pictures found in the photo Dropbox folder for your Cochrane websites, newsletters, reports, printed materials, and social media posts. Pictures in this folder are updated weekly, so we recommend that you bookmark this Dropbox folder. Pictures are sorted into sub-folders and can also be searched for by keyword. To access this photo folder, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Still looking? We have a limited budget to purchase stock photos as support to groups each month. If you cannot find a photo that works for you, please let us know (e.g. topic specific, location specific). You may pick stock images from www.istock.com Send the name of image, URL link, and your group name to email@example.com and we will download the photo at no cost your group.
- Looking for content for your site? You are welcome to repost anything on Cochrane Community or Cochrane.org on your group's site. You may specifically want to consider these reoccurring news items – they are news item that we update and publish several times a year.
Need more help?
- You can send your technical questions and help requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our web team can also book how-to sessions with you and train you over Skype.