The PICO annotation project is a Strategy to 2020 initiative to complete the background work required to enable PICO views of Cochrane evidence in the Cochrane Library and elsewhere. We will make the content and data behind our reviews more useful and discoverable by completing the linked data annotation of reviews and protocols at question, included study, and analysis levels.
Cochrane PICOs are short summaries of clinical questions addressed by one or more Cochrane Reviews. Target audiences for Cochrane PICOs are healthcare practitioners and professionals, and other informed users of health care (e.g. decision-makers).
The objectives of the PICO annotation project are:
- To develop a complete set of PICO annotations at question, included study, and analysis levels.
- To add an annotation tool to the workflow in Archie, RevMan, and the CRS.
- To complete scoping of core APIs for external business cases and data feeds.
- To familiarise, engage with, and train CRG staff as required (particularly Information Specialists) in key areas relevant to linked data tools and annotation work.
PICO Annotation resources
- Annotators quick start-up user guide November 2018
- Slides from the PICO Annotation Introductory Webinars held in February 2017
- Slides from the WHO/ATC Drug Classification Webinar 30 May 2017
- PICO Annotation vocabulary questions
- PICO vocabulary webinar recording held in November 2017
- PICO tools webinar recording held in July 2018
- COMET Webinar materials from 7 November 2018: Outcome Taxonomy User Guide
- COMET Webinar materials from 7 November 2018: Presentation slides
- COMET Webinar materials from 7 November 2018:Video recordings
- PICO and machine learning - webinar from 13 February 2019
For more information contact:
Dierdre Beecher, Senior Meta-data Specialist email@example.com
Chris Mavergames, Project Lead firstname.lastname@example.org