What tools do I need?
You will need the following three tools to produce PICO annotations:
- Use the PICO Annotator tool to create PICO annotations of Cochrane reviews and included studies. Sign into the annotator using the black arrow and enter your Cochrane account details.
- Use the QA dashboard to view the status of annotations being worked on i.e. in progress, in QA or completed. Sign into the dashboard using the black arrow and enter your Cochrane account details. A guide to using the PICO annotator and the QA dashboard is available in the Confluence Annotation Knowledge Base annotation tool kit.
- Use the Cochrane linked data browser to find the terms to describe each component within the PICO process. The browser contains terms from MedDRA, SNOMED CT, RXNorm, MeSH, and the WHO ATC/DDD. See Confluence guidance for using the vocabulary browser.
Communication and documentation resources
- Confluence Annotation Knowledge Base contains full guidance on how to PICO annotate.
- Slack has an annotation guidance channel which is used as a discussion forum to post queries, comments and resolve problems.