Join the Conversation with Cochrane’s Editor in Chief
September 2020 webinar
- Cochrane Review Plain Language Summaries and Abstracts – Toby Lasserson, Deputy Editor in Chief, Cochrane Library
- Managing Editor Experiences with Review Production: Support provided to author teams in review development and the editorial process – Emma Dennett, Managing Editor, Airways Group (morning session), Jordi Pardo Pardo, Co-Managing Editor, Musculoskeletal Group (afternoon session)
- Cochrane COVID-19 Study Register and the future of review production – Chris Mavergames (morning session), Robin Featherstone (afternoon session), Cochrane Central Executive
- Karla’s update
Sign up today!
You will need a Cochrane Account to sign up for this webinar. If you don’t have a Cochrane Account you will be able to register for free on the following page. You will be able to use this account for all future activity. A brief guidance on how to sign up using your Cochrane Account is available here and if you have any problems, please contact email@example.com.
Each month, you are invited to join a 60 minute interactive webinar hosted by Cochrane’s Editor in Chief, Karla Soares-Weiser. This is an opportunity to hear more about Cochrane’s Editorial and Methods Department’s (EMD) strategic plans and their implementation by senior editorial staff, as well as the work from Cochrane Groups from around the world.
Karla will introduce COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 related topics and we’ll hear about ongoing editorial priorities, achievements and best practice from Cochrane Groups and Review Group Networks. There will also be an opportunity for questions and discussion.
The sessions are open to every Cochrane member and supporter, and they will be recorded and shared via our website for those who can’t attend. Do you have suggestions for topics you’d like to see covered in these webinars, or questions you’d like to ask? Please send them to Nazia Afzal – firstname.lastname@example.org
August 2020 Webinar
The August webinar included:
- Cochrane’s next strategic plan: learn about the foundations of Cochrane’s plans for the future, and help to shape them – Lucie Binder, Head of Governance & Strategy Unit, Cochrane Central Executive Team
- COVID-19 Living Systematic Reviews: Convalescent plasma or hyperimmune immunoglobulin for people with COVID‐19 – Vanessa Piechotta, First Author
- COVID Reviews: Updates to the Cochrane COVID Review process – Kayleigh Kew, Senior Methods Editor, Editorial & Methods Department, Cochrane Central Executive
- Karla's update
July 2020 Webinar
The July webinar included:
- Karla’s update
- Learn about Cochrane's Research Integrity Team and their research agenda. Presenters: Stephanie Boughton, Research Integrity Editor (morning session), Lisa Bero, Senior Research Integrity Editor (afternoon session)
- Hear from Charlotte Pestridge about Cochrane's new publishing agreement with Wiley
- Cochrane Ireland has undertaken a variety of activities related to COVID-19; Declan Devane will present about their COVID-19 response work
June 2020 webinar:
The June webinar included:
1. Meet the Editor and Deputy Editor in Chief
2. Karla’s update on Cochrane’s COVID-19 Response
3. Toby Lasserson: Update on Cochrane COVID-19 work (Rapid Reviews, Special Collections, etc.)
4. Hear from COVID-19 Working Group members (Speakers: Sally Green in morning session, Jordi Pardo in afternoon session)
5. Invited speakers from Cochrane Groups
- Catherine Houghton, author of “Barriers and facilitators to healthcare workers’ adherence with infection prevention and control (IPC) guidelines for respiratory infectious diseases: a rapid qualitative evidence synthesis”
- Asger Sand Paludan-Müller, authors of “Hand cleaning with ash for reducing the spread of viral and bacterial infections: a rapid review” (morning session only)
- Barbara Nußbaumer-Streit, author of “Quarantine alone or in combination with other public health measures to control COVID‐19: a rapid review”